Friday 24 October 2014

Sweet Kiera - Gabrielle Pollacco


Hi all, Gabrielle here with you today to share my latest layout I made of one of my adorable little great-nieces.  I felt like doing a more feminine shabby-chic style page today so I used some papers from the newest Maja Design collection called 'A Gift For You' mixed in with bits and pieces of some of the other Maja Design collections.  And of course I accented with lots of my favorite Dusty Attic chippies!


One of my favourite scroll/flourish chippies is the Corner Flourish #1, which I used in the corner of the page design.  A way I often like to treat my chipboard pieces is to give it a coat or two of gesso, stamp some random script words on the piece, rub the edges with a bit of brown chalk ink (here I used Ingvild Bolme's 'Branch Bark' ink) and gave the whole thing a coat of crackle varnish.


I made the flowers on this page using a patterned paper in the Maja collection called 'A Gift For You'....I went with the scripty paper called 'Hope to See You Soon', it used both sides of this paper using a EK Success floral punch 'Retro Flower' in 2 medium and large size.  I partially inked the edges of the petals with a pink ink (Colorbox Dusty Rose) leaving some areas natural.  I then gave them all a light spritz of water and wrinkled the petals.  I added some stamen centers to complete the floral design.  As an extra accent around the photo I added one of the Dusty Attic Corset chippies and a piece of the Wrought Iron Fence chippies treated with a 3D bronze paint and a dab of Dusty Attic Oceana paint to give it a tarnished look.  I also added a small accent in the mini Lock & Keys (under the floral cluster).


Another favourite chipboard piece for me is the Zippers set, here I used it on the inside edge of the banner piece that I cut from a piece of  dotted paper from the Maja Design Vintage Spring collection.  I used a title chipboard piece from the Dusty Attic Word Packet #4, giving it a similar treatment that I gave the corner flourish.  The little butterflies were cut from 'Butterflies are Free' from Maja's 'Coffee In the Arbour' collection.

Dusty Attic Products used in this Project:
~ Lacing Tash (corset lacing)

I hope you enjoyed checking out my project for today.  Thanks for stopping by! xo


2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Gabby!! WOW ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorjuuuuus as always , can you tell me what you used to do the 2 hearts on your page please ...Regards Pauline

    ReplyDelete