Wednesday 9 October 2013

Tempus Fugit - By Gabbi

As most of you know by now, I have two daughters and no sons so most of my scrapping is done in a more feminine style. But I do have a bunch of handsome nephews and my dear husband that I occasionally get to scrap, so I was so thrilled to see that the new ' Vintage Autumn Basics' collection has a big variety of both masculine and feminine paper designs.

I recently received this beautiful collection and while normally I automatically reach for the more feminine papers, this time around I wanted to scrap in a more masculine style. I had this photo of my dear husband Steve and my cutie-pie nephew Jared at a retirement party for Steve's older brother. The title on the page 'Tempus Fugit' (Latin for 'Time Flies') was just perfect for this photo! It seems like yesterday that we were baby sitting my young nephews when Steve's brother and his wife would go on trips, and now my BIL is passing down the reigns of his company to my nephews! Time really does fly! (the little girls you sometimes see me scrapping are Jared's little girls!). For this page I went with the 'time' theme and used lots of the clock images in this collection, as well as layering a number of the patterned papers. I started out by fussy cutting out a bunch of the clock designs.


Here I used the Dusty Attic Wall Clock #2, but I cut and pasted one of the clocks from the Vintage Autumn Basics papers to the face of the clock. I dressed the chipboard up a bit by using a bronze metalic paint and adding some dots and details (I used Scribbles Bronze paint....from Michaels). The zipper is also a chipboard design from Dusty Attic (I wanted to try and stick to masculine style embellishments for the majority of the the decorations....and the Dusty Attic zipper is one of my all time favourites!).

I had this cute metal stopwatch embellishment that I found at Michaels, I didn't love the clock design they had used on this embellishment, so again I cut out one of the clock designs from the Maja paper, tinted the edges lightly with blue chalk ink and pasted it on the clock. The chipboard gears are Dusty Attic, as are the roses...the larger blue flowers are from Petaloo (Darjeeling collection....I think the are are really good match to the Maja collection).


I always like to use scraps of burlap for masculine layouts, I think it adds that nice textural element to the page that lace usually adds to my more feminine pages. Another nice masculine element to use is corrugated cardboard, metal, buttons and chipboard elements. Here are the Dusty Attic goodies I used on this page today (You can find these products at the Dusty Attic Website and I also have a listing in the rightside panel of my blog (Such A Pretty Mess blogspot) for Dusty Attic Retailers in USA and Canada)....
I hope you enjoyed my masculine style page today, and hope you will give this beautiful new collection a try whether you scrap in the masculine or feminine style! xo

 

2 comments:

  1. Such a super Lo with gorgeous details! And such beautiful men! Can I have the older one? Pack him in and send him to Switzerland.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Off to pin...

    ReplyDelete