Saturday 23 February 2013

"Love ATC" - and "negative" Tutorial - Jenny


Hi all,
I thought I would share with you how I made the background of my ATC "Love"
out of the negative piece of chipboard (or Waste or the bit we throw away!)



I have used black bazil and placed my waste piece over the top
Then Usinig "texture paste" I have covered the whole piece.
 Very carefully peel the waste part away and you are left with the
shape - in my case love hearts .
When completely dry I have put a coat of Gesso over 
the whole lot ready to colour.
(this will give the paint an all over even undercoat) 
This is one of my FAVORITE colours of the Dusty Attic Paints
I have just painted the whole lot straight over the gesso
Then added Gold rub n buff over the edges to make them stand out
(You can also use the gold Dusty Attic paint - dry brush over the tops)
After I cut it down to ATC size I still had some little hearts
left over - this is the one I have added black card to underneath
and used as an embellishment on the top of my card.


I totally LOVE all the Dusty Attic hexagons and cogs and florishes and
different shapes that you can do this with !
(Who needs to buy stencils ???)

1 comment: